Monday 1 February 2016

PAPERARTSY RELEASE DAY TWO! KIM DELLOW!!

Yes, the amazing Kim Dellow has joined the talented team of Signature Designers at PaperArtsy. I was chuffed to little bits to be invited to be on Kim's team for her launch and I had an absolute ball playing with these fabulously cool, slightly retro images.

Here's Leandra's video roundup with all the details for your delight and delectation...




Aren't they great! They are in the shops now so get on over to your local PaperArtsy stockist and fill your crafty boots.

Here are my samples and a quick rundown of how I made them. I haven't gone for step outs as they're all pretty clean and simple but I hope you'll find the information useful.

The colour scheme was Chartreuse, Cheesecake, South Pacific, Autumn Fire and Hey Pesto. I mostly used Fresco Paints but I have used Prisma Pencils and Copic Markers here and there too.


My first sample is a mixed media piece. I kept the background really simple and applied Fresco paints using a credit card. I stamped the layered circle and the sort of dotty grid in Cheesecake and heat embossed with clear embossing powder before adding two large flowers made from the layered circles and the gorgeous leaves. I've stamped them very simply in black and kept the shading to a minimum.


When I first picked up the stamps it struck me how much the square flowers looked like 70's style retro lighting. I've used washes of watered down fresco paints to colour them so that they look like glass and then added a mix of crackle glaze and glossy accents to add to the illusion.  The chair was made using the cloud stamp. I curved the card with a ball tool and raised it with foam squares to give the impression that it is upholstered. I couldn't resist adding a little cushion (for extra comfort).


The inside was done using the random squares stamp from the set which I coloured with Fresco's and glossed with glossy accents to give a bit of added interest.




All those cool squares and circles are perfect for a little robot. I've used the paints with lots of water to give a sort of metallic glow with lots of highlights to give the impression of a shiny surface. I curled the paper with a ball tool again to give more dimension and I've applied glossy accents to add a little extra shine which hopefully suggests metal. The cogs and gears were made using that gorgeous layered circle again and a little bit of doodling with a fine tipped marker.


I just love those little birds and the funky flower shapes. I've used my Prismacolour Pencils to colour this sample and blended the colour using Sansodor and a paper stump. I did the doodling with an ordinary fine liner and gave the birds little glossy orange jackets to add to the space age feel. I LOVE their little tape measure waistebands. Aren't they great!

So then, enough of my blather. If you haven't done so already, I hope you'll head on over to the PaperArtsy blog to see detailed step outs of Kim's own amazing samples. You can also find stockist details and further links to blogs and social media for Kim and her design team, though I've included some blog links below for you too if you want to take the scenic route.

Kim Dellow's blog
Keren Baker's blog
Tracy Evans' blog

23 comments:

  1. Insanely cool samples with Kim's fab new stamps. I'm blown away by the cloud-cum-retro-armchair - brilliantly done - and I love the glass lampshades in that same card. Such clever ideas and really showing off the versatility of the stamp sets. Beautiful stuff, Lauren!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stamps, but I love your samples even more! May have to go shopping again... blitzed the card yesterday after day 1 lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. You've made my day. I think I heard my card scream yesterday ;oD

      Delete
  3. Fabulous makes as per usual!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous samples Lauren, very inventive! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous samples Lauren, was so grilled to be designing alongside you. I love how,you were inspired . My card took a battering yesterday too lol. Tracy x X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I fear it's gong to be a tough week for the plastic Tracy. Therapy may be required... :oD Lx

      Delete
  6. SO FAB mate, love your little couch and robot - such a creative mind you have

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work clever Lauren.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am chuffed to bits that you said yes! Seriously can you loan out your creative brain as a time share thing? LOL! Thank you Lauren for your fabulous samples, it is wonderful seeing the stamps through your eyes :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I now have a strange vision of you with my brain in a glass jar like The Man with Two Brains and Miss Irrrrrmeldahay ;oD

      Delete
  9. Just watched the video and thought Leandra's comment on your work ("BRILLIANT") to be very apt mate! Love the way you think outside of that box!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww shucks. Thanks mate. Good job you didn't see the retailers' video when she called me "warped" then ;oD snigger...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inventive, creative and perfectly executed Lauren. Loving your samples and you are always great for giving inspiration. Wonderful use of the stamps. Hugs Cherry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pfft! I could have sworn I commented on here last night. I'm probably thinking of my FB comments so here to make amends, lol! I have never seen such fun and quirky samples, they are wonderful and so smiley. The robot and chair brilliantly showcase the versatility of these lovely new stamps from Kim. Gawd I need a bank loan!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant samples Lauren, fabulous retro stamps and I love the bright colours you have used.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bit of an ooops as I missed these when I popped over - really fab!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.